- The Top of Mind radio show interviewed me on a segment called “Peaceful Muslims.”
- The Houston Chronicle interviewed me for a an article about the Indivisible movement.
- I was a guest on ThinkWingRadio in a segment on “ISIS, the Middle East and Policy.”
- I appeared on a segment of the Toastmasters podcast about eye contact and expressive language in public speaking.
- Houston Public Media interviewed me for a segment on Houston Muslims celebrating Ramadan.
- The LDS Newsroom blog mentioned my article about Mormon missionaries in the Houston Chronicle.
- A profile of me appeared in the April 2012 Houston Islam Examiner.
- I was honored to have excerpts from my series on my hajj pilgrimage published on HajjRatings.com. (I ran a different type of hajj commentary on MuslimMatters.)
- The Daily Kos re-printed my commentary on the big halal turkey “scandal” of 2011 (which wouldn’t have been a scandal without Pamela Geller’s outrage; even she cited my article!).
- An Azizah magazine article I wrote on plastic surgery was re-printed in The Culture of Beauty, an academic text by Laurie Willis.
- I moderated a panel on “Muslims and the Media” hosted by the Houston chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists.
- The Houston chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists included me in a panel on blogging.
- I was honored to be part of Rice University’s screening of the documentary “Welcome to Shelbyville.”
- I was invited by Rice’s Boniuk Center to participate in a panel on Houston’s Many Faces of Islam.
- I have also spoken to audiences at Lone Star College, the Houston Interfaith Ministries Youth Camp, the Thoreau Woods Unitarian-Universalist church, the Pearland Civic Center, the Islamic Society of Greater Houston and others.